Hello once again,
I dont have any gruesome details to share today! :) Today has been great! I was able to leave our 4 children with my beloved sister-in-law, and come to share most of my time today with my Beloved Mother. I am so happy to share that this day has been full of rest for her.
I was able to help feed her breakfast with coffee(her fav), and then she actually fed herself lunch! She is still eating pureed food because the crunching on solid food causes her temperal lobe to feel uncomfortable. I spooned her some strawberry frozen yogurt I had from the cafeteria(shhh), and she just loved it of course. She's been asking for Chocolate Pudding and coffee all day...and so she's had 2 puddings and 2 cups of decafinated coffee. Safe to say she has her appetite back. We took care of a lot of business in personal affairs which was a huge load off my shoulders and really brings us that much more peace knowing her things are getting taken care of. I was able to gently brush her hair, massage her face with lotion, hold her hand, sneek her a gummy bear to suck on(another fav), and just spend time talking with her. A lovely couple, George and Char Stathos (her pastor), stopped by and spend 30 min or so with her. They prayed for her and just spent time talking with her. I had to sneak away and get a cup of coffee in order to get her to fall asleep! She is on heavy pain meds still, so granted, the conversations are hilarious(as they usually are anyhow), so she speaks with her eyes closed, but still full of life and smiles.
There is still a long road ahead. The Doctor explained it today as un-explored terrain that we must hike through step by step, making the best choices as different paths become clear....Rather than a path that has a beginning and an end and is clearly marked out. I am just thankful that her recovery from surgery has been great and she is stable! She will have an Angiogram monday or tuesday to get a clear picture of how things are looking in her brain.
Well, after plenty of coffee, a bag of gummy bears, and a heart-full of Mamma's presence, I must leave and go home to my animals, I mean kids... No, really,I adore all 4 of them, but being here with mom today has been such a gift and really a refreshing break from the norm.
God is good and holding her hands and more importantly, her heart. Keep up your prayers please, we really do covet them.
May God be with you and Yours,
Alexis
No comments:
Post a Comment