Thursday, August 9, 2012

Greetings again friends, co-workers, family and acquaintences,
   Well, I may be contacting some of you for the first time.... My mother,Tricia, had major brain surgery today to try and repair or wrap a possible "blister aneurism" on her carotid artery. It has bled twice now and the risk of more bleeds could have been fatal. Unfortunately, the surgeon was unable to achieve what they hoped to achieve. When getting into the place where he was looking for the aneurism, a gush of blood occured, making his search impossible. She began bleeding so much from her corotid that, instead of proceeding, he chose to stop the bleeding and get out. His words were, "If I had kept going, she would have died." He used a gel-like material to pack on top of the bleed to insure enough pressure to keep it from bleeding anymore. After he was sure the bleeding had stopped, he then closed her up. After 5  hours in surgery, he was un-able to tell us  much good news at all, and infact that she was close to dying in surgery. He did notice that she does have some abnormalities in her arterys and that may be the culprit for everything that has happened. So, there may be no aneurism at all. There are options to consider which we will be talking and praying about with Mom when she is able. She was stable when coming out of surgery and he expects her to have all of her neurological functions, speaking and moving all the same, but we were unable to see her awake at all tonight... We are just back to square one with the question of what is going on in her head.
  In hearing this, I was shocked and saddened immediately, seeing as how she has smoothy come out of her other operations and has had mostly good news....and never had an incident in surgery that could have taken her life. A good thing that was mostly confirmed is that this condition did not come from her hitting her head when she fell. However, if she had not fallen, this all may have not been discovered...or maybe even discovered too late. When I left her side tonight...she had a bandage-wrapped head and tubes and things coming from every which way....but she was snoring,sound asleep, resting peacefully. We prayed for her and I whispered to her that I love her. Thanks to all who have been a friend and blessing to her in her life. She really is such a Jewel and anyone who has known her, knows the joy in her heart. Please keep praying and I will attempt to be as in touch as possible....hopefully nextime in a less-wordy way. The later it gets, the harder it is for me to be straight and to the point. Again, if you want to text me,,, I can add you to my contacts and paste and copy updates and it may be more convievient. 
God bless,
Alexis McCarty

No comments:

Post a Comment