Hello Again,
I know some of you have been anxious to know what the next step will be for my mother, Tricia. I have been as well, and today we received a plan. On Thursday, they will do an Angiogram and at the same time, they will put a stent and place a coil in what they now believe is the "blister aneurysm". This coil will bring structure to the wall of that part of her artery/aneurysm. It was discussed the first time the Doctor spoke to us after her surgery. It seems the best choice. Better than blocking her carotid, or doing some type of artery bypass. They did give her the choice of being transferred to Stanford, but she wants to stay in the place where she has built confidence in the team already. The Doctors really have been working hard together to try and come to the best conclusion, and so she trusts them and says she is fully confident in them. This will hopefully be the resolution to this issue with her weakened artery/blister aneurysm. The procedure will begin around 11am and take most of the day. Unlike the first surgery, they will not have to open her head, and in fact can't because of obvious bleeding risks. Instead, they will go through an artery in her groin. I can't quite wrap my mind around how they do things like this, but I am praying they just do it real well!!
I will be at the hospital on Thursday until she is finished and I am able to see her. Since the surgery is a different kind, the recovery seems like it will be quicker, so I am hopeful to be able to speak to her before I leave that night. I will send an email explaining how things went on Thursday night or Friday morning. If you have texted me in the past saying you would like updates,I have added you to my contacts and I will surely be able to send out those updates in a faster manner than in email. If you have not yet, but would like to get updated via text, simply text me at 209-304-XXXX [request from PHS 1969, e-mail piedmont1969@gmail.com if you need this number, please] with your name and I will add you to my contacts.
Ohhh boyy... I am a nervous Nellie for sure! For those of you who read my last email, describing how lovely and peaceful and hopeful my mom was...I can assure you she is still that way and will most-likely be singing her way into the operation room. She amazes me. I am so thankful to God for blessing me with her...she truly is a fantastic example to myself and others of what it means to truly trust and rest in Christ. I'll be in touch! Goodnight,
Alexis
No comments:
Post a Comment